This is an absolutely amazing find: 150 beautifully photographed noun cards that are designed to shape verbal language specifically for individuals with autism and other developmental challenges. We love these cards for their crisp, clear images and they're a wonderful addition to any language program, especially Verbal Behavior programs. Each target word is present in clear detail with simple backgrounds so as not to distract the child. With the photographic image on the front, the back of each card presents a wealth of information as the deck is designed to teach children to request (mand) using sign language. The reverse side contains the effective Kaufman Speech Praxis "word shell" breakdowns which help to further shape articulation for individuals with ASD. There's also a photo of a person demonstrating the sign (in ASL) and a description of the hand shapes for each target item. The Kit contains 150 5" x 7" cards, an alphabetized indexing system and a User's Manual explaining how to use the set, including details on the Kaufman Speech Praxis approach, Instructions for Parents and Professionals, Sign Manding, Information on Verbal Behavior and more. Use these cards as intended for teaching manding through sign, or use them for their beautiful photographic images to aid in any language acquisition program.
Buy Sign to Talk Nouns: Verbal Language Flashcards at amazon
- Amazon Sales Rank: #141557 in Office Product
- Brand: Northern Speech Services
- Dimensions: 3.50 pounds
- 150 photographic cards to shape verbal behavior.
- The reverse side contains the effective Kaufman Speech Praxis "word shell" breakdowns.
- The Kit contains 150 5" x 7" cards.
- Beautiful photo flashcards also teach the ASL sign for each word.
- Formerly called Sign & Say Verbal Language Flashcards.